Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The trouble with husbands

**************************************

'The trouble with husbands is, they are so possessive.' 

That's my brother (half brother) Hector talking. He arrived here last night on his motorbike - panniers stuffed to bursting and a huge rucksack on his back. He's on the run again.

Mrs Bulstrode has given him the room over the garage - for a couple of nights only, so she says. You know how she fancies him.  She's let him park his motorbike in the potting shed - there's no room in the garage; she has all her home-brewing equipment in there now. My own bike has been relegated to the coal house - empty of coal, but hardly the place to house a 'classic' bike.

Hector was having a look at the blog and he suggested we should have a 'political column' and - get this! - because I am 'politically naive' he would write it himself. What a cheek!

Yes, is it not amazing that we are doing the dancing. I mean, both of us have had chequered careers. I won't go into yours because I know you are trying to forget it. But me... I have been all sorts of things: ice skater, mountaineer, wall of death rider, deep-sea diver... to name but a few. And here I am on the dance floor. It just goes to show, doesn't it. 

And yes, we should meet in the week for extra practice. I suggest Thursday?

Let me know

George

No comments: