Thursday, September 03, 2009

Life on demand?

********************************

Well, I am back. I have not been well – in body or in mind. ( But is there any difference? No, body and mind are inextricably linked – and don’t let anyone tell you any different, my lovely Anna.)

And, may I say, you would not be feeling so good, if you had gone through what I have gone through – and am still going through

Did you know that Fall Guy is an American term from the world of professional wrestling, which enjoyed great popularity there in the late 19th century? It means, loser, dupe or victim. Many of the bouts were rigged – one wrestler would promise ‘to take a fall’ if the other agreed not to 'go easy' with him. The winner often broke his word and knocked seven bells out of his opponent. In such circumstances the loser became known as a ‘fall guy’.

I have always tried to see the other person’s point of view. Trouble is, the person whose views I have mostly ignored has been ME. Well it won’t do. As the jazz song says: There’ll be some changes made.
Myra put a proposition to me. She is in a ‘meaningful relationship’ with a doctor from the local health centre, who is also a woman. And the one thing that would really set the seal on this blissful union would be – you’ve guessed it - a child.

Now, obviously, this presents certain difficulties. So Myra has asked me to be a ‘sperm donor’. She said, ‘You won’t have to fuck me – Shaz knows how to do the necessary’ (I do not like to swear but those were her exact words) I felt insulted.

Don’t get me wrong; it is not that I object in principle to a bit of the old intra vino veritas (joke, Anna – admittedly in poor taste - I do know the correct expression), if it enables couples to have a child who might otherwise be denied through a sheer biological fluke (and this applies to single sex couples as well).

I am all for ‘interfering with nature’ if that means taking advantage of scientific progress to ease pain and suffering and generally improve the lot of the humankind here on earth – I will let heaven take care of itself. So, three cheers for stem cell research, genetically modified crops… all that stuff. As a matter of fact I think you lot over there are way ahead of us in this way of thinking. Of course – Emanuel Swedenborg notwithstanding - you have not been hampered by centuries of religious tradition (or claptrap) as we have.. But we are evolving - slowly

No, this is more of a personal thing. How shall I put it? I think I would rather feel that I had come into existence as the product of a good fuck (or an indifferent fuck) than a jerk in a jar and a syringe up the uterus. But this is a personal opinion, and has no scientific basis.

Anyway, I said as much to Myra but she said she would have to speak to doctor Shaz about it. I told her to forget it. In any case she was a bit drunk at the time so the whole thing may just another of her flights of fancy.

Anyway, how are you my darling? I hope you are taking care of that lovely long Swedish body, keeping it free of all infections – including the common cold (I have had a stinker, which is just one of the things that I have been suffering from), so that when we meet our bodies may come together like young lovers, fresh, clean and (almost) virginal.

Have you heard from brother Sven? I really am most anxious to clear up this ugly misunderstanding.

Oh, and I notice RJ Adams has posted a comment re ‘Girl On A Motorcycle’. I saw this film on TV – in the eighties I think, although I believe it was made in the late sixties or early seventies. I am a big fan of Marianne Faithful and I found the film most erotic. I also have several of her CDs including ‘Broken English’ which is brilliant.

I can remember my uncle (George) telling me in great detail about the Mars Bar incident one day as he took me to Sunday school. I now know this to have been a complete fabrication – an urban myth, created by an unholy alliance of police and media.
For one thing, Mick and Keith would never have stooped so low, and for another, a convent-educated girl like Marianne would never have thought of such a thing.

I am sorry I have been late in replying. I will make sure I do not leave it so long in the future.

All my love.

George

1 comment:

R J Adams said...

George, surely with your vast experience you must be aware that convent-educated girls were always the most fun?