Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Travels in a narrow-bodied airliner

I have just come back from America. It was hot there; it is hot here.

Jet lag. How do you deal with it? I have been sleeping all over the place for these past two days. It is the adjustment, I suppose. Not just in time, but in space too. Location. Another world. Another life.

In the days of sea travel, you would have a week or so to adjust slowly. Now, you are sealed up in a metal tube, shot through the skies, and 7 hours later disgorged, feeling like a piece of chewed string. Your brain, your mind has not had chance to make the adjustments necessary.

Anyway, now I am back in dear old England, with all the memories, kaleidescoping around in my head.

And what a sight greeted me as the car rounded the bend in the drive: the Swedish tart and the lesbian - topless in the pool.
Well, I say 'topless'. That was the only bit I could see. They may have been completely starkers for all I know.

I hurried into the house.

1 comment:

R J Adams said...

Well, dammit George, that jetlag certainly had a bad effect on you. Fancy spotting the lesbians topless in the pool and not stopping for a better look! Not like you at all, by gad!
Still, know what you mean. I've just returned from a trip to Europe and I can tell you that coming back to Illinois from Paris is like being chucked out of Heaven and into Hell. It's 98 degrees here in the shade! The sexy weather girlie on channel 44 said we would be cooler by the weekend. Not me; not if she keeps wearing that low cut blouse and swinging her pointy stick about.
You know, it occurred we may well have passed each other mid-Atlantic. Had I known I would have attempted a wave to you from that tiny circle of plastic they laughingly call a window.
Anyway, I won't ask the purpose of your visit to America - but if I know you there'll be a woman involved somewhere - what?
Damned heat! I think I'll turn off the weather channel and take a cold shower. Give my love to Blighty, old chap.