Friday, May 31, 2013

An injustice

*******************************************

Oh, now I must protest, Anna.

Our canals have undergone a transformation over the last thirty years. No longer are they clogged with stuff, as you allege. (except perhaps in certain areas of the country, which shall be nameless).

Canal cruising is now a major activity and new marinas are springing up everywhere (mainly on the banks of canals). Yes boating on our inland waterways has never been more popular.

I myself used to have a boat: 'Oscar'. Which, unfortunately I sold when fiscal problems dictated. But I have spent many a happy hour cruising (well, not so much cruising as just being) on the canals. I also met some interesting - and occasionally eccentric - folk. I include myself in both those categories.

Anyway, I can't sit here typing - I have work to do.

I shall communicate with you shortly and address some of the more trivial points you make.

George

No comments: