Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Keep calm and carry on

***************************************************8

Do you see the title of this post, Anna? Well that's what the British government advised us to do in the war. And it worked - at least for all those who weren't killed.

And I advise the same for you, Anna, although this is not a war - just an individual who has done a bunk. (By the way, if you intend to use a British idiom, please get it right - note that it is 'a' bunk... not 'the' bunk.

I expect Dave has just gone walkabout (that's an Australian idiom by the way - so it doesn't matter if you get it wrong!) Only joking, you Aussies out there. Great people. Not afraid of calling a spade a spade. Just have a look at this, Anna...

I don't know how authentic it is but I like it

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Pwghabw4N80?rel=0


Dave probably has friends he can stay with and, even if he hasn't, the weather is quite good for sleeping rough. (Oh, just looked out the window - it's raining). Never mind, I expect you will hear from him soon.

By the way, I was joking about the sleeping rough. I would not wish that one anyone... although, as you know, during my time as an explorer I have spent many a night under the stars (occasionally in a tent). And I have been in places where it is so cold that it freezes at 8 degrees Celsius.

I know that you have a heart as big as all outdoors but you do need to concentrate upon your exam preparation.

Till we can be reunited

I am

Your George


No comments: