Friday, April 11, 2014

***************************************

I did not go to either Oxford or Cambridge, but instead to that fine university, the University of Manchester. 

But enough about me. No - it isn't enough about me... there's more.

Mozart, so they say, was a child prodigy. I, on the other hand, am a late developer, entering university at the age of thirty eight. And I have continued developing ever since, therefore I am expecting my best work is still to come!

Actually, I am a bit low tonight, having removed more stuff from my place. I did not go into my room, I had left the stuff on the landing, and took it down in the lift, with the help of one of the owners of the building.

So I am playing jazz: a concert by Humphrey Lyttleton recorded live at the Conway Hall. It's on vinyl, which some die-hards think is better than the CD. I don't know. I still have a number of 78s and there is definitely something about these old records, maybe the odd scratch and hiss makes the music (jazz) sound more real. Or perhaps that's just wishful thinking. No it isn't!

Anyway, must go now, Anna - the record needs turning over.

George

No comments: