Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Answers

*****************************

The answers lie in the brain - not the supernatural.
But it is the brain that raises the questions in the first place, so where does that leave us?
Perplexed.

Grey are the skies, motionless the trees. It's as if the world is holding its breath, waiting for something. But what?

I've had another night of messy, disturbing dreams. What do they mean? Do they mean anything at all? Some do, I think.

And now we have Ebola to worry about - courtesy of West Africa and air travel.

That reminds me: I was YouTubing again and I came across another conspiracy theory. It was being suggested - backed by the testimony of various 'experts' - that no planes crashed into the World Trade Centre, but that it was done with holograms, and the buildings exploded from the inside. How can this be? It sounds barmy, and yet all these people were coming forward: airline pilots, engineers, mathematicians, all saying it could not have happened like we all believe it happened.
As I say, it sounds barmy, but I became so engrossed I was late for my drum lesson!

I could do with a holiday.

They tell me Tangier,
At this time of year,
Is a pleasant enough place to be;
And Rome is alright
(Just to stay for one night) -
But I'll probably go to Torquay.


Oh, by the way, Hector's left. I heard the gravelly roar of his Harley at 6am this morning. He left a note saying he was sorry but that he had been 'summoned on matters of national security.'
He's a liar.

 Mrs Bulstrode is heartbroken. But she can't say I didn't warn her. The man's a cad, a bounder, a blackguard. I am ashamed to call him my (half) brother.
But if my landlady thinks I am going to take his place in her affections - or her bed - she can think again.

It was the same when we were boys. Being the elder he always got first choice of toys. And when he tired of something: a teddy bear, a train set, a bicycle he would pass them on to me. Well I'm having no more of his cast-offs.

 I shall go and get my breakfast. And you won't catch me crying in my cornflakes; good riddance - that's what I way.

No comments: