Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunday morning


Bird in tree as seen through window

I don't know what kind of bird - or what kind of tree. But I do know the window is double-glazed. (circa 2010)

[note for future historians - the window is in Llandudno library]





I think this blog has lost something with the departure of Anna: levity? frivolity? irreverence? or just plain silliness?

She will be back.

Meanwhile, I tackle the major issues of the day - and there are many of these.

I have been doing some research on the spread of Islam; the aims of ISIS and all of that stuff. But I don't feel up to tackling these subjects so early in the morning. Later.

Yesterday I went for a spin on the motorbike. Ended up at a pub for a late lunch of gammon, egg, chips and peas; plus a pudding and a glass of Guinness.

Some light rain on the return journey but not enough to cause any worries.

I think I would know it was a Sunday, even if I were in the middle of the Sahara or the sub-arctic wastes of Alaska. There is something about the feel of a Sunday.

Anyway, I am going to sort myself out (what a strange expression) and then journey to McDonalds for Sunday luncheon.




No comments: