Thursday, October 30, 2014

The sun shines on the golden fields of suburbia.

And I am about to take breakfast.  In the breakfast room -where else!

This is a frugal meal - no egg, bacon, nor yet sausage - just cereal, banana, nuts and fruit.

Later that same day


I've been reading a book: a universe from nothing by Lawrence M Krauss (a particle physisist) in which he argues that physics has produced evidence that not only is it possible, but it is probable that the universe did in fact originate from 'empty' space.

I could have been a particle physisist, but being hopeless at maths held me back.

Although, I was always interested in science. When I was boy my parents bought me a Chemistry Set. I set fire to the curtains with a bunsen burner. What a wonderful blaze. How my parents laughed.

It was after this incident that I decided that I could have a better career as an arsonist than a chemist.

Chapter 8 of a universe from nothing is called 'A Grand Accident' , and I was reminded of the poem I wrote some time ago - and posted on this blog - which begins:

We are an accident –

The offspring of a Cosmic ‘one night stand’
Big Bang
Unplanned...

But now I wouldn't use the word 'accident' because it sounds like something unpleasant, unwelcome.
CHANCE is a better word. It's optimistic; full of possibilities. A chance! That is what we have been offerred. Let's grab it.









 




No comments: