Monday, October 20, 2014

Good morning world

***************************************

Of course, you lot in America will still be asleep - or just waking up!

Never mind - have a good day.

(do not ask what the day will do for you; rather, what you will do for the day!... where have I heard that before?)

It's raining in this small corner of a small island, on a small planet, in a small universe.

The scientists tell us there are thousands of universes like ours; other planets like ours, and other life on those planets.

That's all very well, but it doesn't help me in deciding what I'm going to have for lunch. I could cook some pasta or I could travel into town and visit the cafe of the lovely Italian lady. Decisions, decisions.

(just thought: there could be an identical person to me, somewhere in another universe, facing the same decisions)

Here's a book I can recommed:






Paul Boghossian is Silver Professor of Philosophy at New York University.

Well, he was when he wrote the book. For all I know he may now be delivering Pizza.


Thought for tomorrow

What is really important is not so much the 'answers', but thinking of the right questions to ask.


No comments: