Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A 'Selfie'

*********************************************************

I have just heard that 'selfie' is the word for 2013.

Did you know that, Anna? You probably did.

Anyway it's a picture that you have taken of yourself which you post on 'Tweet' or whatever.

Well, I have a few 'selfies' though I have not posted them on Tweet. I wonder if I should post one on here? What do you think?

Another word that has gone into the OED is 'Twerking'. Apparently this word has been around for 20 years - and means dancing to popular music in a sexually provocative manner. (This is the only manner in which I dance to popular music!)

As it turns out I would not have been able to return with you yesterday because I had matters fiscal to attend to. I have still not attended to them completely. Money - or lack of it - is a cause of much stress in today's society. 

So in order to take my mind off money problems I intended to go  away for a couple of days (I think I mentioned this)  - to spend some more money. But I can't get a room for this week - so I shall go next week.

I hope the break will give me some inspiration for a 'best-seller' I have started to write.

I am glad chain has been fixed.

Ever yours

George

No comments: