Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I cannot think of a title

*****************************

Well, Anna, I understand your decision - I really do. I can't say I'm not disappointed but I'll get over it.

After all, it isn't as if I haven't slept by myself before. Many are the chaste nights I have lain awake with my thoughts. I often have thoughts of death. I've never told you about them. It could even amount to an obsession. (You know I am the obsessive type).

Then I thought: Think yourself lucky you have been given a part in this drama called Life.  Don't be forever thinking what part you are going to get next? Play this part to the full.

And then I thought: Yes, that's a good idea... but even so...

I hope you will be alright on the bike. I raised the saddle (I know your inside-leg measurement off by heart).

And yes, I will see my lonely situation as an opportunity to write.That's the positive way of looking at things, isn't it?

The left pedal squeaks a bit. I meant to squirt some WD40 on it but I forgot. I will do it when you come home at the weekend.

Well, I shall retire to my lonely bed... to sleep, perchance to dream (actually, I always dream. mostly they are messy, disturbing dreams. Occasionally I have the erotic one - only occasionally). I have had a glass of beer tonight (I know how to live!).

Take good care of yourself in those student halls of residence.

Looking forward to seeing you at the weekend.

Your George

No comments: