Sunday, November 17, 2013

Oh, what a beauty...

***************************************************

Oh, what a shiner, Anna!

What? What is this shiner?

The eye! Your black eye. I didn't know netball was such a dangerous game.

This is not funny... the shiner.

Sorry. How did it happen?

I receive in eye the elbow of Birmingham cow who is goalkeeper.

Was it an accident?

Is not accident. It is deliberate obstruction of goal attack (which is me) for which she is penalised, and also for being out of one third court which is only place she is allowed to occupy. She is also penalised by me - but this is after game is over.

The things you ladies get up to.

This is no lady, this is cow, which I have already said.

But did you win?

Oh yes, in true spirit of English saying 'It is not the taking part but the winning'.

Quite.

Oh and I like ideas of Blake and this man Adams (is this the gentleman friend of you who resides in America?)

No, this is the man who writes Dilbert, but also resides in America.

I do not hear of this person Dilbert, but Adams man is right about people having different strength of urges and so is silly to talk about morality and willpower.  In my Sociology classes I study problem of social control and  understand that though society may have to physically restrain certain peoples because of their danger to others, this should be done without reference to morality or willpower, and people treated as decently as possible.

You sure spat a bootful there Anna.

Is this another English idiom? Never mind. Also there is no need for you to accompany me back to fix chain on bicycle because it already fixed by one of boys in halls of residence.

Well, I could still come with you for the ride.

Let us talk about it in the public house this evening.

Oh, alright then.





 
 


No comments: