Thursday, November 07, 2013

I got my love to keep me warm

***********************************************

How could an ex member of Special Forces be afraid of cold weather?

It is you who are fainthearted. You say you have walked through a metre of snow and yet you complain about a little bit of mud.

Also did I not say you could borrow my bicycle? (You would have to raise the saddle of course). The exercise would do you good and you would arrive for your class with cheeks all aglow!

But I do not wish to influence you in your decision. By all means choose the soft option of Halls of Residence, or indeed the rather sexually ambiguous position of Dave's room-mate. But here, in our little caravan love nest, set in the tranquility of the English countryside, you would have the solitude to pursue your studies, undisturbed by loud rock music and raucous student noise on the one hand, or the continual moaning of that sexually-confused, unemployed misfit on the other.

Still it's your choice.

ps. I have had my poetic licence revoked

No comments: