Saturday, November 23, 2013

Good morning world

**************************************************

It's a sunny, though frosty, Saturday morning in this little corner of England. Actually it isn't a corner at all. A corner sounds like something you are backed into. But you can get out of this place by several routes: north, south, east or west.

A man goes past with a baseball cap on his head. I bet that man has never played baseball in his life. But so what? This is a tolerant country of ours. I can wear my Irish Guards tie, so why not this man his baseball cap!

It's the same with baseball bats. I walked into a computer shop the other day and behind the counter I glimpsed a baseball bat. I said to the young man who came out to serve me: So you play baseball then? I prefer cricket myself.

'What can I do fer yer, mate.' He said.

I see the English cricket team are not doing too well in Australia. I was thinking: If you could bore right through the earth, at what point would you flip over so to speak, and come out the other side the right way up? It's a question I would like to ask Brian Cox.

It occurs to me, Anna, that you may not have the chain correctly tensioned - on the bike, I mean. I have an excellent little tool that I will give you so that you may adjust the tension when you return.

People talk about tension being a bad thing. But the proper tension can be a good thing - especially on a bike.

I shall get my breakfast.

See you soon

George

No comments: