Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Colour


Well, here is the colour version. I suppose this is better as a representation of the sculpture, but I think the b&w works better as a picture... more arty farty, with the eye being led up to the legs by the diagonal of cupboards and boxes. Anyway, what do you think?
Liya Lolita asks what camera do I use. This was taken with a Canon Sureshot digital (now broken). I have had many film cameras: Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Bronica - at the moment I have a couple of Pentax with lenses, a 35mm rangefinder and a 6x6 - I don't use any of these now.
Anyway, Anna, I think you are feeding Brian too well. If you go on like this he won't want you to leave. So don't make him too comfortable - and don't get too comfortable yourself.
By the way,John Donne is not a personal friend of mine. He is one of the 'metaphysical poets', and could knock out a good rhyme when he put his mind to it.
Still, I am glad you liked Clive's poem. He has given me another one, but I will save it for a later post. In a way it is good being in here - you meet such a diversity of people.
Are you reading the blogs I have been telling you about? Poor Propoquerian is going for a colonoscopy! I hope she is all right. She is so young to be having this procedure (yes I do know that she is not the cigar smoking lady)
This post is rather short but I will make up for it - I have much to say!
Looking forward to hearing from you...
Love... George

1 comment:

R J Adams said...

Loved the photograph, George. River Dee at Chester? You're very young. It must have been taken just after the Romans left.