Friday, March 19, 2010

Just a thought

****************************************************

You remember the lines I quoted, from the John Donne poem… ‘Any man's death diminishes me;’ Well, it occurred to me that the corollary to that could be, ‘Any man's Life enhances me.’ Of course, I include women in that. Your life enhances me, Anna. So do the lives of the people whose blogs I read. It really is, as Sally Brampton says, All about connectedness. It's about spreading ourselves around. I don't know if there is life after death but, surely, one sort of immortality is to live on in the minds of others.
Anyway I just wanted to pass this on to you.

By the way, have you seen the comments from Propoquerian and Liya Lolita? And have you had a look at any blogs? All you need to do is to click on the little pictures under ‘Followers’

You asked me what 'Berk' meant in rhyming slang. Berk is short for Berkshire Hunt... and I will leave it to you to work out what Brian means when he calls someone a Berk!

Oh, and I would prefer to go on calling you Anna, if you don't mind. Normally I don't like to shorten names - and Anastasia is a beautiful name - but I have got so used to Anna that I would feel awkward calling you anything else.

Do you like the photo of me? I am the one with the oars!!

Goodnight my sweet ANNA

No comments: