Sunday, March 28, 2010

***********************************************

Thanks everyone for your comments about Edna.

It is the funeral tomorrow and Amy has written something she wants to read out. This is the original draft - I think she has changed it around a bit but here it is, exactly as she wrote it.

Auntie Edna

My auntie Edna was a wonderful lady. She gave me pocket money, she had a great sense of humour and she was like part of my family. I remember one time when my gran was reading her a funny story and she couldn't stop laughing! We took her for meals and she had a marvelous time. She knew my brother Tom when he was juste 3 and he is now 16.
I was just a few hours old when I was right there in her arms. Ever since she has been one of my best friends in the whole wide world. I used to watch eargerly out of my playroom window, waiting for her to come. When I saw her, either coming up the drive in the car or walking, I used to race to the door to open it for her. She always said "Now I've got some garibaldi for you and something for Tom" and I used to have a smile from ear to ear.
When my mum met Allen he instantly got on well with everyone. Especially my auntie Edna. The laughed, had jokes and Allen gave her loads of his big bear hugs. In other words they got on like a house on fire.

No comments: