Thursday, March 25, 2010

We all make mistakes - that's why they have rubbers on the end of pencils.

****************************************************
Why do plain-clothes policemen always look more like policemen than the ones in uniform?
Sam is now in CID. You remember Sam? He is the born-again Christian policeman who pulled me from the mud when I slipped off the bridge. (I am still not sure if it was a suicide attempt or not – Sam thinks it was).
Anyway, he came to see me yesterday – in his ‘plain-clothes’. He’d heard that I was back inside and thought he would ‘pop- in’, as he put it. I like Sam, even though I do not share his views… I hope he doesn’t think he’s going to ‘convert’ me. I told him to read a brilliant article in last Friday’s Independent by some geezer called Johan Hari: The Pope, the Prophet, and the religious support for evil. I don’t know if he will.

Anyway the real reason I am writing this post is to tell you, my Silly Swedish Strumpet, that it was kind of you to wish a speedy recovery to Propoquerian but – you typed ‘colostomy’ instead of ‘colonoscopy’. Not quite the same thing, but I expect it was a slip of the old digit. Not to worry – I have corrected it for you.

Enjoy your trip to our great city. Tell me all about it.

Love

George

No comments: